Our “new normal” doesn’t feel normal. Life goes on, but at a different pace, with different priorities.
Since statistics can sometimes have a grounding effect, we offer the following:
- Last year 61 homes and condos went under contract or were sold in Rockport, Gloucester, Manchester, Essex and Beverly from 2/20/2019 – 3/20/2019.
- This year, as of today, same time period: 66 homes and condos went under contract or were sold in Rockport, Gloucester, Manchester, Essex and Beverly.
The viris has caused an event, albeit tragic and worldwide, but it’s still an event and not a problem with the financial system. We’ve heard some refer to it as being like a really bad snow storm: sooner or later, the snow will melt and we’ll be able to go out and about again. If we stay calm, stay sane and stay home for a couple of weeks, the infection curve will flatten and the snow will melt.
- Don’t forget to smile a lot and be helpful while you’re social distancing.
- Every night before bed, watch stand-up comedy on TV.
- Pause and remember that we’re all in this together.
Bob and Sue McDermott • Kenny MacCarthy • Gibson Sotheby’s International